- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 package RapidRise or active yeast
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add warm milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract, stirring just until blended.
- Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45
minutes. Or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake batter in heated waffle iron.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
To use active dry yeast, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees
F to 115 degrees F). Reduce milk in recipe to 1 3/4 cups. Prepare batter as directed
above, adding dissolved yeast along with milk.
Pancakes: Prepare waffle batter using 1 egg and 1 3/4 cup warm milk. Cover and
let rise (or refrigerate overnight). Cook pancakes on oiled griddle over medium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Waffle Recipes