Angel Sherbet Cake
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet
- 1 pint lime sherbet
- 1 angel food cake loaf (store bought, approximately 7 inches long x 3 3/4 inches wide)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Line two bread pans, approximately the same size as the angel food cake,
with plastic wrap.
- Soften the sherbet; scoop lime sherbet in one pan and raspberry sherbet
in the other. Spread the sherbet with a metal spatula dipped in hot water. Sherbet
should be approximately 1/2-inch deep.
- Refreeze the sherbet in the pans for at least 1 hour or until hard.
- Trim edges of the angel food cake to even them; cut the angel food cake
in three lengthwise slices.
- Remove frozen lime and raspberry sherbet from freezer. Alternate layers;
cake, sherbet, cake, sherbet and cake. Cut off any oversized sherbet or cake
to insure that cake and sherbet are even on all sides of the cake.
- Refreeze until solid; can be frozen up to 3 days if wrapped well in plastic
- Before serving, prepare the cake topping by whipping the cream until thick.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and whip mixture until soft peaks form. Spread
whipped cream on cake. Refreeze cake until ready to serve.
- Remove cake from freezer and let soften 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice with an electric knife. If desired, place cake slices on pools of
strawberry or raspberry sauce and top with lemon twist and mint.
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 338 calories, 4 g protein,
47 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 16 g fat (10 g saturated), 57 mg cholesterol, 19
mcg folate, 0 mg iron, 292 mg sodium
Reprinted with permission from
the Wheat Foods Council.