Chocolate-Cherry Filled Angel Food Cake
Transform angel food cake into a lavish dessert by fusing it with chocolate whipped
topping and cherry pie filling. Sprinkle your masterpiece with grated chocolate
for that elegant finesse.
- 1 large round angel food cake
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate
- With long, serrated knife and cutting horizontally, carefully cut off top 1/2
inch of cake. Set top portion of cake aside.
- Cut down into cake 1/2 inch from outer edge and 1/2 inch from hole, leaving a
"wall" of cake 1/2 inch thick. Remove center with curved knife or spoon, being careful
to leave base of cake at bottom 1/2 inch thick. Discard or reserve crumbs for a
later use. Place cake on serving plate.
- Spoon pie filling evenly into cavity of cake.
- Fold cocoa into whipped topping until well blended. Spoon 1/2 cup topping mixture
over cut surface of cake. Replace top portion of cake.
- Frost sides and top of cake with remaining whipped topping mixture. Sprinkle
top with grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving time.
- Store in refrigerator.
20 min prep time | 1 hr 20 min total time | 5 ingredients | 8 servings
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 280 Calories from Fat 35
Total Fat 4g 6% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 330mg 14% Total Carbohydrate
57g 19% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Sugars 49g 49% Protein 3g 3%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 6% Iron 4%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 3 Fruit; 4 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from