Custard Angel Food Cake
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Beat egg yolks and water until very light.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- To the egg yolks and water, add the sugar and beat until sugar is thoroughly
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy and add the cream of tartar. Continue beating
until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold into the yolk mixture and pour into an ungreased hot angel food cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F to 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.