Matzo-Lemon Sponge Cake
This is a cake served during Passover.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 1 cup sifted matzo cake meal
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat yolks until light; add sugar and beat again.
- Add a pinch of salt, the lemon juice and rind, then the matzo cake meal
and lastly fold in the whites beaten until stiff but not dry.
- Bake in 10-inch ungreased springform pan for 45 minutes.
- Invert pan until cake is cool. If desired, split in two layers.
- Serve with sweetened strawberries between the layers.
- Spread whipped cream, flavored and sweetened, over top and sides.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Angel Food Cake Recipes