Mock Angel Food Cake
- 4 1/2 cups cake flour
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 16 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift cake flour, sugar and salt three times, then stir in the boiling water.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, baking powder, vanilla extract and almond
extract until stiff peaks form. Fold into the flour mixture and pour batter
into one ungreased 12 x 18-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes.
- Cool cake inverted in pan, laying a tea towel underneath the cake to absorb
- Frost as desired when the cake is cool.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Angel Food Cake Recipes