Orange Angel Food Cake
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat yolks until lemon color.
- Add half of the orange juice and sugar.
- Add salt to egg whites and beat until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff but not too dry.
- Fold in the remaining sugar into whites.
- Fold in the yolks.
- Last, add the flour, a small amount at a time.
- Pour into angel food cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F to 350 degrees F.
- Ice with orange icing.