Strawberries and Cream Angel Cake
This beautiful angel cake makes a great centerpiece at any occasion. The creamy
blend of strawberries and cream will have your guests and family asking for seconds.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (10-inch) prepared angel food cake
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup ReaLemon Lemon Juice from Concentrate
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Additional fresh strawberries, optional
- Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of cake; set aside.
- With sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from
outer edge, leaving cake walls 1 inch thick. Remove cake from center, leaving
1-inch base on bottom of cake. Reserve cake pieces.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually add Eagle Brand;
beat until smooth. Stir in ReaLemon extract and food coloring if desired; mix
well. Fold in whipped cream. Reserve two-thirds of mixture; refrigerate.
- Fold strawberries and reserved torn cake pieces except top into remaining
one-third of mixture; fill cake cavity. Replace top slice of cake; frost with
reserved whipped cream mixture.
- Chill for 3 hours or until set.
- Garnish cake with additional strawberries if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 1/16/2002 12:17 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Angel Food Cake Recipes