Strawberry Stuffed Angel Food Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) bakery angel food cake
- 2 small boxes strawberry gelatin
- 1 package frozen strawberries
- 1 (16 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- Fresh strawberries (optional)
- Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups boiling water.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cold water and frozen strawberries, stirring until strawberries
- Place in refrigerator until gelatin is consistency of egg whites.
- Gently fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Slice angel food cake horizontally in four even layers.
- Spread the gelatin mixture between the layers of cake.
- Use the remaining whipped topping to ice the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.