Yellow Angel Food Cake (from 1945)
This delicious cake won the blue ribbon.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 egg whites
- 6 yolks
- 1 scant teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sifted flour
- Pinch of salt
- Flavor to suit taste
- Boil sugar and water until it threads, but not too long.
- Put the cream of tartar in egg whites, salt and beat them until stiff, then
add hot syrup and beat all until nearly cold, then add the egg yolks beaten
stiff and the flour and flavoring.
- Bake in an ungreased angel food baking pan for 45 minutes.
- Ice with any good icing.