Yellow Sponge Cake
- 12 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat egg yolks and water with electric beater until lemon-colored.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and continue beating until light yellow.
- Sift together the remaining sugar, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold dry ingredients and vanilla extract into egg yolk mixture.
- Bake in a greased and floured tube pan at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes
or until done.
- Remove from pan when cool.