Apple Black Walnut Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups chopped, peeled
apples, 4 to 5
- 1 cup Recipe Ready Hammons Black Walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup margarine
- Mix eggs, oil and sugar; blend well.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together; add to egg mixture.
- Add apples, Black Walnuts and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into greased tube or Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Glaze: In saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk and margarine. Cook 2 1/2
minutes after mixture comes to a boil.
- While cake is still hot, pour glaze over cake in pan.
- Cool cake completely before removing from pan.
Yield: 18 servings
Reprinted with permission from