Apple Dapple Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely diced apples
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and oil and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift dry ingredients and stir into egg mixture. Beat in apples, nuts and vanilla
- Pour into a buttered springform tube pan and bake for 1 hour or until a wooden
pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients and boil for 3 minutes.
- Reserving 1/3 cup, pour over the hot cake.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- Just before serving, pour remaining Glaze over.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.