Apple Dapple Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn oil
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely diced apples
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/2 cup
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and oil and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift dry ingredients and stir into egg mixture. Beat in apples, nuts and vanilla
- Pour into a buttered springform tube pan and bake for 1 hour or until a wooden
pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine glaze ingredients and boil for 3 minutes.
- Reserving 1/3 cup, pour over the hot cake.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- Just before serving, pour remaining Glaze over.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.