Applesauce Carrot Cake
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups
firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 1/4 cups applesauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2
teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir carrots into applesauce.
- Combine flour, soda, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce
mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; let cool.
Yield: 10 servings
Per Serving: 704 Calories; 23g Fat (28.1% calories from fat); 11g Protein;
120g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 551mg Sodium
Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fruit; 4 Fat;
3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates