Asparagus Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated fresh asparagus (about
1 pound), drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons
grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners’
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Cake: In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients.
- Add oil, eggs, asparagus, pineapple, orange peel and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Icing: Beat cream cheese and sugar in a small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add orange peel, vanilla extract and enough milk until icing reaches desired
- Spoon over cake, allowing icing to drip down sides.