Asparagus Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated fresh asparagus (about 1 pound), drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Cake: In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients.
- Add oil, eggs, asparagus, pineapple, orange peel and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Icing: Beat cream cheese and sugar in a small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add orange peel, vanilla extract and enough milk until icing reaches desired
- Spoon over cake, allowing icing to drip down sides.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.