Baltimore Black Walnut Cake
This black walnut cake uses black walnut extract which gives it a much more black
The batter for this cake is very thick.
Tip: Putting sliced apples in center hole of cake will keep cake moist.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (at room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon black walnut extract
- 1 cup black walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and salt, alternating with sour cream, milk
- Mix well. Add black walnuts and mix by hand or on low mixer speed.
- Pour into well greased tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. (baking time may vary). Cake is done when
a wooden pick comes out clean.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Hammons Products Company
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.