Banana and Creme Bundt Cake
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs, beating well.
- Blend in vanilla extract.
- Add bananas and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately
with the sour cream, stirring just until combined.
- Add walnuts.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.