Banana Nut Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 6 medium bananas)
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 ounces regular or reduced calorie cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons thawed frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except walnuts and Cream Cheese Glaze; mix well.
- Stir in walnuts; spread into well-greased Bundt or tube pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes; turn cake out onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- If desired, prepare Cream Cheese Glaze. Spoon over top of cake, letting excess
glaze drip down sides.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in small bowl; beat until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Yield: 12 servings
313 Calories, 7 g Protein, 40 g Carbo, 15 g Fat
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/17/02 7:08:23 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.