Bananas and Cream Bundt Cake
- 1/3 cup solid shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream*
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well blended; stir in vanilla extract and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to
banana mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until done.
- Cool, then dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Yield: 12 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.