Big Bowl Cocoa Cake
My Mom's cake recipe - very moist.
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- Mix cocoa, shortening, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour boiling
water over the top and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and beat until smooth; pour into a greased and floured
pan. I use an angel food cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes
Bake for 20 minutes in 2 round pans or bake 2 dozen cupcakes for 15 minutes.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.