Big Bowl Cocoa Cake
My Mom's cake recipe - very moist.
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/4 cups
- Mix cocoa, shortening, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour boiling
water over the top and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and beat until smooth; pour into a greased and floured
pan. I use an angel food cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes
Bake for 20 minutes in 2 round pans or bake 2 dozen cupcakes for 15 minutes.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.