Black Forest Bundt Cake
If you are a fan of chocolate-covered cherries, you’ll love this Black Forest Bundt Cake. It’s perfectly
moist and divinely complex. You’ll experience the mellow tones of chocolate, the explosion of sweet
cherries, and a trailing hint of almond.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously butter (1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons)
a 12-cup Bundt pan (or similar size pan).
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in sour cream, eggs and almond extract.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add dry mix to creamed
mixture alternating with the milk. Mix until well blended.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into prepared Bundt pan, spreading batter slightly
up the sides to form a trough. Spoon pie filling on top of the batter; avoid
touching the sides and center of pan. Cover filling with remaining batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes; turn out onto wire rack or serving plate
to complete cooling.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Yield: 12-16 servings
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photo used with permission from: challengedairy.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.