Black Russian Cake
- 1 (19 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (without pudding in mix)
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup very hot tap water
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup creme de cacao
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua)
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao
- Using solid shortening, grease a microwave Bundt pan. Set aside.
- Cake: Sift cake mix into a large bowl. Add pudding, oil and eggs.
- Dissolve instant coffee granules in the hot water and add to cake mix, along
with coffee liqueur, vodka and creme de cacao. Blend with a wooden spoon. Pour into
- Turn a glass pie plate upside down on floor of microwave oven and place Bundt
pan on it. (Not necessary in ovens with a rotating carousel.)
- Rotating cake every few minutes, microwave on MEDIUM (50 percent power) for 8
minutes, then on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Using a skewer or cake tester, punch holes through to bottom of cake at 1-inch
- Pour glaze over cake and let absorb before turning cake out onto plate.
- Glaze: Combine sugar, coffee and liqueurs.
Yield: about 1 cup glaze
Calories: 325 per slice (4% from protein, 56% from carbohydrate, 36% from
fat, 3% from alcohol)
Protein: 3.8 grams; Total fat: 13.9 grams; Saturated fat: 2.1 grams; Cholesterol:
53.3 mg; Sodium: 390 mg; Carbohydrate: 42.7 grams; Fiber: 0.8 gram
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 2/2 fat
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.