Black Walnut Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup black walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add beaten egg yolks and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk.
- Add vanilla extract and walnuts and mix well.
- Fold in stiffly-beaten egg whites.
- Bake in greased 9- or 10-inch tube pan at 350 degrees F or until cake is done.