Brown Sugar Cake
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) box light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- Cream shortening, margarine and brown and white sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and baking powder which have been sifted together alternately with milk.
- Add vanilla extract, then nuts dredged in flour.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes