- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups finely grated carrots (1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Grease a 10-inch angel food cake pan; line bottom with wax paper.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in oil.
- Combine 3 cups of the whole wheat flour with baking powder, baking soda,
salt and cinnamon on wax paper. Stir into egg mixture.
- Add drained pineapple and carrots. Mix well.
- Toss pecans and dates with remaining 1/4 cup whole wheat flour; stir into batter.
Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until top
of cake springs back when lightly pressed with finger.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack about 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan; peel off
wax paper. Cool completely before cutting.
- Wrap tightly in foil or plastic wrap to store.
Cake keeps well.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes