Carrot Cake with Rum Sauce
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrots, loosely packed
- 1 1/2 cups broken pecans
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 10 x 4-inch angel cake pan.
- Drain pineapple and reserve syrup.
- In large bowl of an electric mixer, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda,
baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and drop the eggs, oil,
reserved pineapple syrup and vanilla extract into it. Beat at medium speed until
- With a spoon, stir in reserved pineapple, carrots and pecans. Pour into
the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven until a cake tester inserted
in the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges; turn out on rack; cool completely.
- Serve warm or cold with Rum Sauce.
- In a 2-quart saucepan over low heat, mix together the sugar, corn syrup, cream
and butter, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Cool to warm, stirring occasionally.
Stir in rum and vanilla extract.
- Serve warm with Carrot Cake.
Sauce may be made ahead, stored in the refrigerator and reheated gently.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes