Chilled Raspberry Bavarian Cake
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Soften gelatine in water for 5 minutes.
- Scald milk; add gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar and gradually add hot milk. Cook over boiling water
for 3 minutes or until mixture coats a spoon. Remove from heat and chill.
- When mixture begins to thicken, add lemon juice and raspberries.
- Fold in stiffly
beaten egg whites and whipped cream.
- Pour into springform pan and chill until firm.
- Unmold. Slice to serve.