Chocolate Amaretto Bundt Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons amaretto-flavored liqueur
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Sift together flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix butter, sugar and brown sugar until
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add chocolate and mix well.
- Add flour/baking soda mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk and extracts.
Beat after each addition until smooth.
- Mix in the liqueur. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of
the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.