Chocolate Chip Beer and Sour Cream Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup beer
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Blend well. Add vanilla
extract and sour cream. Blend till creamy. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda,
salt and beer. Blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine nuts, chips, sugar and cinnamon. Pour flour mixture
into greased and floured tube pan. You may alternate flour mixture then nut and
chip mixture. Or you may combine nuts and chip mixture to flour mixture and pour
all into pan. I do the latter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or till inserted knife comes out clean.
- Leave cake in pan about 10 minutes then empty on to rack to cool.
* Dust chips with flour to prevent sticking.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes