Chocolate Satin Mint Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Glaze and Drizzle
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Filling: eat cream cheese, sugar, butter and cornstarch in small bowl until
well blended. Add egg, milk and extract. Mix until smooth; set aside.
- Cake: In bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs; mix according to package
directions. Spread 2 cups cake batter evenly in pan. Spread evenly with filling.
Slowly pour remaining cake batter over filling.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Loosen cake from edge and center of pan. Invert onto cooling rack. Place rack over
cutting board covered with parchment paper. Cool completely.
- Glaze: In small (1 1/2-quart) saucepan, bring corn syrup and whipping cream
to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk. Remove saucepan from
heat. Add semisweet chocolate, stirring until smooth. Spread 2/3 cup glaze smoothly
over top and side of cake using Skinny Scraper.
- Freeze cake 5 minutes or until glaze is almost set. Meanwhile, keep remaining
glaze warm over medium-low heat. Slowly pour over cake. Remove cake to serving platter.
Refrigerate until glaze is firm, about 1 hour.
- Drizzle: Microwave white chocolate and oil in small microwaveable bowl on
HIGH for 1 minute 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in extract.
Drizzle over cake. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cut into slices.
Yield: 16 servings
Per Serving: 704 Calories; 23g Fat (28.1% calories from fat); 11g Protein;
120g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 551mg Sodium
Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fruit; 4 Fat;
3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes