Chocolate Sin Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs 1 at a time. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate morsels with the syrup in a double boiler. Add to the butter
and egg mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients, and blend well.
- Pour batter into a well-greased
10-inch Bundt pan or a 10-inch round pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick
inserted comes out clean.
- Cool well before turning out of pan.