- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut in squares
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 4 egg whites
- Fresh strawberries and/or kiwi to garnish
White Chocolate Sauce
- 5 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 to 3 ounces whipping cream
- Combine chocolate and cream in small saucepan set in larger pan filled to within
1-inch of the top with water to create stove-top water bath. Gently cook over medium
heat until mixture reaches body temperature, stirring occasionally. Remove from
heat, strain through fine sieve to remove any lumps.
- Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler over low heat. Stir with wooden spoon
until mixture is melted, but not hot. Mixture should be body temperature. Transfer
chocolate/butter mixture to bowl.
- Whip eggs and yolk at high speed with electric mixer. Pour mixture on top of
butter/chocolate mixture, but do not mix in yet.
- Put egg whites in clean bowl, whip until soft peaks form.
- Add whipped egg whites to chocolate mixture and gently fold in with rubber spatula.
Do not over-fold.
- Spray two 5 x 9-inch (about) bread pans with non-stick cooking spray. Gently
divide mixture between pans. Set each pan in larger pan, add water to larger pan
to within one-half inch of top to create water bath.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree F oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until top looks
dry (top should not crack), and cake does not wiggle in pan. Cool 15 minutes. Invert
pans onto serving plates.
- After cooling, but while still warm, cut in thin slices.
- Prepare white chocolate sauce, and spoon onto individual serving plates. Place
slices of cake over sauce.
- Garnish with fruit as desired.
Yield: 14 to 16 servings
This dessert is best served warm, but also can be served at room temperature.
Cake also may be served warm or at room temperature with hot-fudge sauce,
fresh strawberries and/or kiwi.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes