Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cake: Cream together butter and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating
well after each addition. Add vanilla extract, orange zest, milk, flour cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in shredded zucchini and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 9-inch Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack. Pour glaze over completely cooled cake.
- Glaze: Combine sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl. Stir until well
Yield: 8 servings