Cinnamon Robed Apple Cake
- 3 teaspoons sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon; (for coating Bundt pan)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Granny Smith Apples (or any tart apple), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare 10-inch Bundt pan in advance by greasing
the pan with butter and then shaking the sugar-cinnamon mixture until the sides
and bottom are coated well.
- Combine oil and sugar until well mixed. Add eggs, beating well after each is
added. In separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
Add vanilla extract to egg/sugar mixture and mix well. Slowly add the well blended
flour mixture into the oil/sugar mixture. Add the apples and nuts. Mix just to blend
together. Pour batter into pan and bake for 1 3/4 hours.
- Let cool a bit before removing
from pan. To do so, place plate on top of cake and flip the pan so plate is now
on the bottom. You will have a cinnamon robed apple cake.
Yield: 16 servings
Per serving: 348 calories; 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 44 percent calories
from fat); 47 g carbohydrates; 27 mg cholesterol; 233 mg sodium; 4 g protein; 1