Cinnamon Sour Cream Cake
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container dairy sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube
- Combine 3 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Beat sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract with fork or whisk in medium bowl until
- Add butter and 1 cup sour cream mixture to flour mixture. Beat on low speed until
thoroughly combined; beat 1 minute on high speed. Add remaining sour cream mixture;
beat on medium speed until fluffy. Stir together cinnamon chips and remaining 2
tablespoons flour until chips are coated; gently stir into batter. Pour batter into
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings