Coconut Bundt Cake with
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/4 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk (divided use)
- 2 cups (packed) sweetened shredded coconut (about 7 ounces)
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Additional sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter 12-cup Bundt pan; dust pan with
- Stir cake flour and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups sugar, beating
until well blended.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then both extracts.
- Beat in flour mixture in four additions alternately with 1 cup coconut milk added
in 3 additions.
- Fold in 2 cups shredded coconut.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan, smooth top.
- Bake cake until top is golden brown and tester inserted near center comes out
clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto rack, cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk in medium bowl to blend.
Spoon glaze over cake. Top with additional shredded coconut, if desired.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings