Cranberry Sauce Cake
This is an unusually good and pretty cake.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Grated rind of one orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups unsifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup reserved cranberry sauce
- Cake: Reserve 1/4 cup cranberry sauce for frosting.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add remaining cranberry sauce, nuts, mayonnaise and orange rind. Mix well.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Grease a 9 x 3 1/2-inch tube pan. Line bottom with wax paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours.
- Cranberry Frosting: Beat all ingredients until smooth. Spread over cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes