Dark Cherry Bundt Cake
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla yogurt, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with Baker's Joy or another
nonstick spray with flour added.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add cherries, kirsch
and zest. Place over medium-high heat and cook, stirring often, until the mixture
thickens and has reduced to about 1 cup, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in almond extract and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, butter and oil until light and fluffy.
Add half the yogurt and mix until very smooth. Add half of the dry ingredients and
mix just until combined. Mix in the remaining yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and
almond extract until combined, scraping the sides down once or twice as needed.
Stir in the remaining dry ingredients just until combined. Scoop just over half
of the mixture into prepared Bundt pan. Spoon the cherry mixture over the batter.
Top with the remaining batter. Use a thin knife to gently swirl the batter and cherries together.
- Place in the oven and bake until a skewer placed into the center comes
out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 50 to 65 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let rest
on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning it out to cool completely.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.