Date and Nut Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dates, chopped
- 1 pound nuts, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and mix with dates and nuts.
- Beat egg yolks
and sugar. Add vanilla extract and brandy.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and
bake in two loaf pans which are greased and lined with brown or wax paper. Grease
and flour paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 2 hours. It is best to put a pan of water
in the oven while the loaves are baking.