Doctor Bird Cake
The name for this cake was borrowed from the hummingbird symbol of Air Jamaica.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups diced ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients. Add bananas to dry ingredients along with oil, vanilla extract,
eggs and crushed pineapple with juice. Stir, but do not beat.
- Pour into greased
9-inch tube pan, and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool on a rack without removing from pan. Remove from pan when completely
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes