End of the Rainbow Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon each green, yellow and red food color
- 1 teaspoon rose essence
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs slowly and mix. Add the flour mixture
and milk and mix it into a smooth paste.
- Divide the batter into three equal parts.
To one part, add 1 teaspoon green color and rose essence.
- To the second part, add 1 teaspoon yellow color and pineapple extract.
- To the third part, add 1 teaspoon red color and strawberry extract.
- Pour green batter into the bottom of a Bundt or
angel food cake pan; pour red batter on top of that and yellow batter on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes. Test with a wooden pick to make
sure that it is done.