Fig Preserves Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fig preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add well beaten eggs.
- Mix baking soda with buttermilk and add to first mixture.
- Gradually add flour, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.
- Stir in fig preserves, vanilla extract and nuts.
- Bake in loaf or Bundt pan for one hour or until done.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes