This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Flan Cake (Flan Impossible)
This Flan Cake (Flan Impossible) recipe is the perfect choice when you are looking
for a unique alternative for family and friends entertaining. You'll love the layered
look and tasty flavors of this inverted cake. You can make this ahead and serve
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounces) can NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounces) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Move oven rack to lowest position.
- Spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a roasting pan half filled with water in the oven.
- Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring
constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel colored.
- Quickly pour onto bottom of prepared Bundt pan; swirl around bottom to coat.
- Mix egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk in large bowl
until well blended.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package instructions.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over caramel. Slowly add cake batter over the
flan. Place pan in roasting pan in the oven.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in middle comes
out clean. Remove pan from water.
- Let cool before inverting cake onto a serving dish.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 60 min | Yield: 8 servings
Cook's Tip: For a firmer flan, use 3 large whole eggs in place of egg yolks.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com