French Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur or milk
- 2/3 cup ground toasted hazelnuts, filberts or almonds
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Glaze (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on high (100%) power for
1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Cool to room temperature.
- Beat 3/4 cup sugar, butter, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until
creamy. Beat in melted chocolate and egg yolks. Add flour and liqueur; beat until
smooth. Stir in hazelnuts.
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until soft peaks
form. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into
chocolate batter. Spread into prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out still slightly moist.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Loosen and remove side of pan. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- For Glaze: Heat 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
and 1 tablespoon water in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Add remaining morsels; stir
until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Pour 3 tablespoons Glaze into small, heavy-duty
plastic bag. Pour remaining Glaze over cake; spread over top and sides. Allow to
set for a few minutes. Cut a tiny corner from bag; pipe reserved Glaze over cake.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes