Fresh Orange Bundt Cake
- 1 cup Softasilk or refined cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the 1 cup of flour. Add baking soda and salt. Sift
four more times.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are thick and the color
of lemons. Add sugar and beat thoroughly. Add orange rind, orange juice and lemon
juice, mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold in the egg yolk mixture. Add the flour,
a little at a time. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into the prepared tube pan/Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Invert the cake pan and cool for 1 hour.
- Remove cake and add a little glaze
to it by mixing 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice.
If mixture is too thick, add more orange juice until glaze is thin enough to drizzle
over the cake.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 8:20:13 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes