Frozen White Chocolate and
Raspberry Mousse Cake
Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 9 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 2 boxes fresh raspberries
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch
- Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter and press mixture evenly over bottom and
1 inch up sides of pan. Bake 6 minutes and cool on rack.
- Bring 1/2 cup cream to boil in medium saucepan and reduce heat to low. Add white
chocolate and stir until smooth. Pour mixture into large bowl; mix in liqueur and
vanilla extract. Cool completely.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring
until sugar dissolves. Boil until it reaches 238 degrees F on a candy thermometer,
about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in boiling syrup.
Continue beating until stiff peaks form and meringue is cool.
- Fold egg whites into white chocolate mixture in 2 additions.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups cream in large bowl to soft peaks then fold into other mixture.
Pour into prepared crust, cover tightly with foil and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Remove cake from freezer and run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the
cake. Release pan sides and cover the top with raspberries.
- Cut and serve.