German Bundt Cake
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 6 eggs
- Drain cherries and set aside.
- Mix together and set aside the brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Sift together and set aside the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar together thoroughly.
- Add the sour cream; beat until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the eggs, beginning
and ending with the flour mixture. Beat well, scraping the bowl frequently.
- Generously grease and flour a 9-inch tube pan. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the
pan, top with 1/3 of the cherries and 1/3 of the nut mixture.
- Repeat this a second and third time.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Yield: 24 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes