German Bundt Cake
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 6 eggs
- Drain cherries and set aside.
- Mix together and set aside the brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Sift together and set aside the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar together thoroughly.
- Add the sour cream; beat until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the eggs, beginning
and ending with the flour mixture. Beat well, scraping the bowl frequently.
- Generously grease and flour a 9-inch tube pan. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the
pan, top with 1/3 of the cherries and 1/3 of the nut mixture.
- Repeat this a second and third time.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Yield: 24 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.