German Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce German baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons fat-free milk
- Streusel: In food processor, combine flour, brown sugar and butter and pulse
until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add coconut and pecans and pulse to combine.
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine cocoa, baking chocolate and boiling water. Stir until
chocolate melts; set aside.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking
soda and salt; set aside. With mixer, beat 11/2 cups sugar and butter at medium
speed until well-blended, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and egg whites, one
at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture
alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in cocoa
- Pour half of batter into pan, top with streusel and spoon remaining batter
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.
- Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and butter in bowl. Add milk, and stir with
whisk. Drizzle over cake.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/5/2001 5:38 pm.