Glazed Tollhouse Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- or 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Cake: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
Beat softened butter, the brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large mixer
bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until incorporated.
Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Glaze: Microwave remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips, the corn syrup and 1
tablespoon butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir
until smooth. Microwave a few more seconds, if necessary, to complete melting. Pour
Glaze over cake.
Yield: 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes