Green Tomato Cake 2
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely diced green tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a tube or Bundt pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the green
tomatoes, nuts and extracts.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add alternately with the milk. Mix well. Pour
batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Remove to serving plate and frost, if desired.